Re: CL output language within lily-git.tcl

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: CL output language within lily-git.tcl
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 23:54:24 +0200

> Am 30.08.2015 um 22:29 schrieb Simon Albrecht:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I’m quite surprised that the command line output of Git displayed in
>> lily-git.tcl is in German
>

> While the messages from lily-git itself are English…
>

>> – if I run Git directly from the terminal, it’s English, and indeed I’ve
>> even changed the language of my whole system to English by now (that was
>> before I had lily-git.tcl). How can I fix that? German git output is quite
>> annoying…
>>
>> TIA, Simon

Hi Simon,

I started using git with lily-git.tcl, though it's too long ago. Can't
be of any help with your current language problem.

Though, I'd like to suggest to get used to use git directly as soon as
possible. Once you'll need more than one branch at the same time the
gui is not helpful anymore, iirc.

I remember as a starter I messed up my local git at least once a day
or the like.
And the desk of my table has some bite marks now ...

Good training to sort it out, though. Ofcourse I had great help from the list.

Cheers,
  Harm