Re: Allura at SF is ready

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Allura at SF is ready
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2015 13:27:34 +0200 (CEST)

>> Nacho, instead of the previously proposed alias, please use the
>> better name `lilypond-bugs.gnu.org'!  And please tell us as soon as
>> you are done.
>
> Before we do 5 proposals in a row: shouldn't we rather try matching the
> name of our bug reporting list and aim for bug-lilypond.gnu.org?

Please no.  I consider it good practice to first name the project,
then the activity.  `bug-xxx' as used on gnu.org is an unfortunate
aberration IMHO.  In the last few years I guess that I erroneously
tried `lilypond-bug' as the mailing list address a dozen times or so.

> The disadvantage I see for any hyphenated version is that
> bugs.lilypond.gnu.org leaves open the ability to create further
> .lilypond.gnu.org aliases like gerrit.lilypond.gnu.org should the
> need arise.

This could be `lilypond-gerrit.gnu.org'.

    Werner