Re: problems with build and/or test-baseline

From: James Lowe
Subject: Re: problems with build and/or test-baseline
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 10:16:14 +0100

On 22/09/15 07:30, Federico Bruni wrote:
> Il giorno dom 20 set 2015 alle 13:09, James Lowe <address@hidden> ha scritto:
>> Actually - having just tested installing a 'clean' Fedora 22 and then
>> before doing any kind of update to the ISO image  I have this as the
>> simple steps:
>>
>> --snip--
>>
>> Fedora 22
>>
>> Files installed for LilyPond compilation
>>
>> 1. sudo dnf builddep lilypond --nogpgcheck
>> 2. sudo dnf install autoconf
>> 3. sudo dnf install gcc-c++
>>
>> Download
>> http://www.gust.org.pl/projects/e-foundry/tex-gyre/whole/tg-2.005otf.zip
>> Extract zip
>> Use 'configure --with-texgyre-dir=/path/to/tex-gyre-otf-files/'
>> or copy extracted dir to '~/.fonts' directory before compiling.
>>
>> 4. sudo dnf remove texi2html (this removes the 5.x version that gets
>> installed)
>> 5. Download texi2htm 1.82 from
>> http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/texi2html/
>> (unzip then ./configure, make, make install - with root privs)
>>
>> Optional
>> sudo dnf install tk (for Lily-git.tcl)
>> sudo dnf install gitk (for a Git gui)
>>
>> --snip--
>>
>> It was just easier to go and get the whole tex-gyre zip file (as per
>> Hosada-san's instructions)
>

> I would not suggest this complex way in the CG, as this is not needed in
> a up-to-date Fedora 22, which installs automatically the texgyre fonts.
> The dependencies are listed here:
> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/lilypond.git/tree/lilypond.spec

I missed this part of your email thread.

Thanks for the link, I have been struggling to find that information for
these distributions I have been testing and I can see in the change log:

--snip--
* Fri Sep 11 2015 Jon Ciesla <address@hidden> - 2.19.26-2
- Fix font obsoletes.

* Mon Aug 31 2015 Jon Ciesla <address@hidden> - 2.19.26-1
- 2.19.26.
- century-schoolbook-l and nimbus fonts removed.
- texgyre cursor, hera and schola fonts added.

--snip--

Which would explain why my test didn't install the fonts correctly at
the time I did them.

Thanks again.

James