Re: Reasons why a LilyPond-to-MEI conversion should be developed

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Reasons why a LilyPond-to-MEI conversion should be developed
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 17:04:56 +1100

While MEI may be ‘universal’ in intent, it is just an open source project.
Since lilypond is open source, it would make sense for the open source
community to cooperate.

But how many people use MEI, and how much traction has it gained? Is it
universally favoured? In other words, is consideration of this project
worthwhile to begin with?

Andrew