Re: plan for 2.20 release?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: plan for 2.20 release?
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 08:56:24 +0100

Federico Bruni <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi
>
> There's any plan for the next stable release?
> I'm asking out of curiosity and also because I'd like to add some more
> translations in the next month.
>
> I see a long list of new features and only (?) 3 regressions:
> https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/search/?q=%28_type%3ACritical+OR+labels%3ARegression%29+AND+%28status%3ANew+OR+status%3AAccepted+OR+status%3AStarted%29
>
> Nasty regressions?

Well, we don't have Guile-2 supported.  It's likely that remaining
issues with the Guile-2 support can be cherry-picked into the 2.20
series but at least right now I don't see 2.20.0 having reliable (or
even baseline workable) Guile-2 support.  But I guess there's little
point in waiting for active work to resume magically by itself.  It's a
whole bunch of "seomebody else's problem" at the current point of time.