Re: Typo in the Contributor's Guide

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Typo in the Contributor's Guide
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 14:52:25 +0100

Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

>> Am 13.01.2016 um 13:55 schrieb:
>>> Hello folks,
>>>
>>> ‘sortly’ instead of ‘shortly’.
>>
>> Well, I think this is more a conceptual conflict than a typo :-/
>>>
>>> 14.7 Grand LilyPond Input Syntax Standardization (GLISS)
>>>
>>> Summary
>>>
>>>     • Start: sortly after 2.14 comes out, which is currently
>>> estimated to happen in January 2011.
>>>
>>>     • Length: 6-12 months. We’re not going to rush this.

Well, we were not rushing this indeed.  But it turned out more like a
Gradual LilyPond Input Syntax Streamlining.

I think our main problem, both with regard to syntax/input as well as
typesetting, remains piano music and piano extracts and similarly
musically dense material.  LilyPond's slur/stem/beam/notehead/duration
relations with the context hierarchy are too rigid to do quite a bit of
musical information justice.  And where stuff can be done, the input
required for doing so is awful.