Re: guilev2-work [was: LilyPond boolean syntax? \true and \false]

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: guilev2-work [was: LilyPond boolean syntax? \true and \false]
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 23:40:51 +0100

>>> [...]
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> It's the basis for making more tangible progress. [...]
>>
>> I've now checked out branch origin/stable-2.0, derived a local branch
>> and compiled it.
>>
>> ~/guile/meta (my-stable-2.0)$ ./guile
>> GNU Guile 2.0.11.170-4d08e
>> [...]
>>
>> Should be the version we aim at.
>>
>> Though, how to compile LilyPond with this guile-version?
>> Which commands do you actually use for it?
>
> That question is easy to answer: I never built with anything but the
> Ubuntu Guile versions.  So this would appear to be of the "look at what
> options "./configure --help" offers for this" kind.  And if it's silent
> about that, see what kind of environment variables might be interpreted.
>
> I mean, Gub has to do the same here: build its own library version and
> use/link it.  So there must be a way.
>
> --
> David Kastrup

"./configure --help" offers some options, eg.
--with-python-include=DIR
--with-python-lib=NAME
but nothing directly for guile.

There are several environment variables like
CFLAGS
but I don't know how to use them or the syntax they expect.

Full output of "./configure --help" attached.

I really hope someone can demonstrate how to point configure to a
self-compiled guile.

Cheers,
  Harm