Re: text-replacements: add ä and the like (issue 281470043 by addre

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: text-replacements: add ä and the like (issue 281470043 by address@hidden)
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 10:57:24 +0100

On 22.01.2016 02:13, Dan Eble wrote:
text-replacements: add ä and the like
Provides aliases auml,Auml,ouml,Ouml,uuml,Uuml
They were wanted by a user, so why not provide them?
I don’t want my observation to hold back this change if everyone else likes it,
but this looks like a slippery slope.

What’s the danger that you see?
The alternative would be to deprecate using this input method. I don’t see any reason for that: it’s a useful tool, so we shouldn’t keep such limitations as this. Perhaps it would make sense to organise the list in NR A.13 with subheadings, that’s the only issue I /would/ see with a much larger number of entries.

Best, Simon