Re: Changing Staff Size Without Messing Up Fonts

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Changing Staff Size Without Messing Up Fonts
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 15:16:33 +0100

Am 07.03.2016 um 13:13 schrieb Simon Albrecht:
> On 07.03.2016 04:45, tisimst wrote:
>> On Sunday, March 6, 2016, kwpaprocki [via Lilypond] <[hidden email]
>> </user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=188199&i=0>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hello,
>>
>>     I've been having trouble with changing staff size. I've been using
>>     this:
>>
>>     #(set-global-staff-size 30)
>>
>>     to change the staff size. When I do the text and notation fonts
>>     change back to the lilypond defaults. How do I keep this from
>>     happening?
>>

>> That's exactly what happens when you call that command.
>
> Is this technically necessary? This question pops up so often, and it

Not really.

> seems a reasonable expectation that changing staff size doesn’t change
> fonts.

Last year I had been working on a patch that should significantly
improve font handling. For example it should be possible to set
individual text fonts (e.g. roman) without affecting the others already
set. IIRC this problem would also have been if not removed at least
improved.

Unfortunately I got stuck with some C++ code and fontconfig
dependencies. The thing is: I tried to solve two things at once (font
handling and the possibility to use notation fonts installed as system
fonts, and only one failed. So the stuff with the font handling should
be feasible when disentangling my code. It is on my todo-list to tackle
that, but unfortunately only after other things which I don't really
have enough time for either ...

Best
Urs