Re: New context modifier \CompletionRhythms?

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: New context modifier \CompletionRhythms?
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 11:36:37 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>

Why would you even split note values across bars in "ancient music"?
I much prefer unmolested note values and bar lines _between_ staves
there.  Makes the motives stand out clearer and avoids boorish
accentuation of mid-syncopes by the singers.

I regularly sing music from the Renaissance and prior periods re-typeset into modern musical style, and in all the books and scores we sing from, notes that bridge modern bars are _always_ split with ties. I have never some across anyone who regularly sings this kind of music who does not understand this style of typesetting.

So the use of the completion engravers is very handy with this. See an example at

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/working-with-ancient-music_002d_002dscenarios-and-solutions#ancient-and-modern-from-one-source

--
Phil Holmes