weird behaviour of automatic language selection

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: weird behaviour of automatic language selection
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 18:44:11 +0200

Hi all

I'm testing the lilypond website on the web root of my local Apache installation. I've noticed that _on the same browser_ I get different languages on my localhost:

http://lilypond.org/manuals (italian, correct) - all the other URLs serve correctly italian pages

http://localhost/manuals (nederland, incorrect) - some other pages are served in english (e.g. download/ and introduction/), but others are served again in nederland (e.g. features/)

Strange indeed.
Do you have any idea of why it happens? Perhaps I miss some configuration on my Apache installation?

Before studying Apache content negotiation, let's see if I can get some help quickly :)

Thanks in advance
Federico