Re: Moving a number of C++ constructs to SCM

From: James
Subject: Re: Moving a number of C++ constructs to SCM
Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 15:26:39 +0100

Daivd

On 04/05/16 09:06, David Kastrup wrote:
James Lowe <address@hidden> writes:

On 02/05/16 23:58, David Kastrup wrote:
This is a sequence of patches.  The first one is just the same as the
already submitted issue 4840 (so that this can be tested on master):
it did not make sense to disentangle the bulk of this work from that
change.

If you point "git am" at the (sorted) sequence of saved mail messages,
it should apply the patches cleanly.
David sorry to appear ignorant, are these 5 patches to 'replace' 4840
or do they 'include' the code changes already tested (so far) in 4840
or in addition to the code changes in 4840?

Also I note there are two issue 4841/2 that were created by yourself,
does that mean you have git-cl working now?
I got git-cl working by disabling the parallel upload feature of
upload.py (which has a default of -j8 which I pulled down to -j1).

I thought I had reported this in recognizable manner but I'm not
particularly skilled at communication.

Let me know so I can make sure I test these 5 patch files correctly.
They are up as issue 4842 (and the upload there includes the
prerequisite issues 4840 and 4841) and may thus be tested regularly.

I put 4841 into a separate issue because, well, it is separately
reviewable but the code is already included in the submission for issue
4842.

And 4842 consisted of even more subissues but splitting it up further
would have made things even harder to submit.

So the important thing to test is issue 4842 (and it should test fine
against master), with 4841 being sort-of optional to test since it's
included in 4842 anyway.

OK Thanks. I'll get to them this evening (and do the Patch countdown as well).

James