Re: GSoC spanners project

From: Nathan Chou
Subject: Re: GSoC spanners project
Date: Sun, 15 May 2016 21:44:00 -0700

Hello,

I have somewhat looked at the code and want to confirm my
understanding of the current behavior:
* While the file is parsed in Scheme, spanners cause a START and STOP
event with an appropriate type to be created in the context they
belong to
    * After creation of the Music objects, where are they stored? Do
iterators go through events from the same place?
* Event iterators are eventually created and processed, causing the
spanner events to be dispatched to their contexts
* Engravers listen for event types they are interested in using
IMPLEMENT_TRANSLATOR_LISTENER (which I don't really understand at the
moment)
* As an engraver processes events, it creates spanners with
make_spanner, which ultimately calls internal_make_grob and
announce_grob

Assuming this is correct, I believe I would need to think of ideas for
engravers to be able to receive events outside of their context. Any
suggestions or things I should keep in mind?

Nathan