Re: Still cannot make doc :(

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Still cannot make doc :(
Date: Sat, 28 May 2016 12:27:06 +0200

> James <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I still cannot make doc and so cannot merge staging - and for those
>> waiting on me to test new patches, I cannot do that with any great
>> reliability either.
>
> Fiddlesticks.  I was afraid that this would be the case but it was worth
> a try.
>
>> I am sorry this is incredibly frustrating.
>
> Sorry.
>
>> I don't have time right now to set up a LilyDev env to try it for
>> myself and will not have the time until at least Saturday evening.
>
> I don't think that the problem can be reduced to a code generation issue
> (which would explain that it gets seen only on certain systems likely
> depending on GCC version and/or machine architecture) because the
> changes of the incriminated patch do not introduce markedly different
> code from before.  If anything, it removes code.
>
> --
> David Kastrup

FWIW, I checked out staging with your recent patch, i.e.:
$ git log
commit 193369dddc8adc492d3d98b6f1d00de11a31e9c4
Author: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
Date:   Fri May 27 10:20:18 2016 +0200

    Issue 4863: Protect Grob_interface<>::interface_symbol_
[...]

On my host system Ubuntu 16.04 64-bit
make doc
fails with orchestra.ly as before

Doing same in lilydev (not the most recent version):
lilydev-4.0-i386.hybrid.iso
which is based on Debian8 32-bit
make doc
succeeds.

Host has:
$ gcc --version
gcc (Ubuntu 5.3.1-14ubuntu2) 5.3.1 20160413

LilyDev:
$ gcc --version
gcc (Debian 4.9.2-10) 4.9.2

Maybe an indication to confirm an architecture/gcc-issue?

Cheers,
  Harm