Re: Still cannot make doc :(

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Still cannot make doc :(
Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 01:14:57 +0200

> FWIW, I checked out staging with your recent patch, i.e.:
> $ git log
> commit 193369dddc8adc492d3d98b6f1d00de11a31e9c4
> Author: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
> Date:   Fri May 27 10:20:18 2016 +0200
>
>     Issue 4863: Protect Grob_interface<>::interface_symbol_
> [...]
>
> On my host system Ubuntu 16.04 64-bit
> make doc
> fails with orchestra.ly as before

Always worth double checking ...

It wasn't orchestra.ly, but another file, which turned out to be a
snippet used only in Documentation/ja/learning/tutorial.itely
lily-6fc21da7.ly

It basically contains:

\relative {
  c''4-\markup { \bold \huge { ここをクリックしてください } }
}

Trying to compile it alone gave me a gs-error, which reminded me at
http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Ghostscript-crashes-on-Japanese-characters-on-Ubuntu-16-04-tt190959.html

So I removed noto and did
sudo apt-get install fonts-ipafont-mincho

Now the snippet compiled.

Then I tried `make doc' again.

Failed again with the japanese docs.
/Documentation/ja/learning.splittexi.log reads:

** `Tutorial' doesn't appear in menus
** `Top' is up for `Tutorial', but has no menu entry for this node
** No node following `Tutorial' in menu, but `Common notation' follows
in sectionning
** `Common notation' doesn't appear in menus
** `Top' is up for `Common notation', but has no menu entry for this node
** No node following `Common notation' in menu, but `Fundamental
concepts' follows in sectionning
** `Fundamental concepts' doesn't appear in menus
** `Top' is up for `Fundamental concepts', but has no menu entry for this node
** No node following `Fundamental concepts' in menu, but `Tweaking
output' follows in sectionning
** `Tweaking output' doesn't appear in menus
** `Top' is up for `Tweaking output', but has no menu entry for this node
** No node following `Tweaking output' in menu, but `Templates'
follows in sectionning
** `Templates' doesn't appear in menus
** `Top' is up for `Templates', but has no menu entry for this node
** No node following `Templates' in menu, but `GNU Free Documentation
License' follows in sectionning
WARNING: Unable to load the map file
WARNING: Unable to find node 'チュートリアル' in book .
WARNING: Unable to find node 'チュートリアル' in book .
*** Unknown node in menu entry `チュートリアル' (l. 55)
Max error number exceeded

So far my findings for today, hope it helps, building the docs on my
weak laptop is a pain ...

Cheers,
  Harm