Re: Doc build failing

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Doc build failing
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 17:34:28 +0200

Phil Holmes <address@hidden> writes:

> I thought I'd see how large I get for a doc build and so nuked my build
> directory and started from scratch.  I get a failed doc build (this with
> master).  There are a number of xml files which are throwing errors similar
> to:
>
> lilypond-git/input/regression/musicxml/02d-Rests-Multimeasure-
> TimeSignatures.xml:7:5: error: syntax error, unexpected end of input
>
> Always the same line and character number 7:5
>
> Has anyone else seen this, or been successful recently?

Unexpected end of input?  My first guess would be that your disk is
full.

I mean, obviously we had versions of lilypond-patchy-staging able to
build docs.

The next guess would be that you need "make test" before doing "make
doc" because of missing dependencies: the xml stuff clearly is from the
regtests, and it would explain why lilypond-patchy-staging is able to
get through with its documentation building.