Re: NR: Mention standalone accidentals in figuremode (issue 299510043 by

From: dak
Subject: Re: NR: Mention standalone accidentals in figuremode (issue 299510043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2016 06:25:19 -0700

On 2016/07/03 12:51:51, git wrote:

Am 03.07.2016 um 14:49 schrieb mailto:address@hidden:
> LGTM
>
> https://codereview.appspot.com/299510043/

Discussion on lilypond-user

(http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2016-07/msg00058.html)
show that it isn't that good. I think there *is* something to be done
about the current state but not really understanding what "vertical
space" is meant to refer to in figured bass docs
(http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/figured-bass)
I'm
not sure how to modify the patch.

Well, "vertical space" really is an obscure description.  I think it's
better to describe this in terms of meaning rather than visuals,
something like "Accidentals may be used for modifying scale steps.  A
modification of the third is often indicated by solely printing the
accidental.  For having the scale step omitted, enter @code{_} instead
of @code{3}."

https://codereview.appspot.com/299510043/