Re: GSoC spanners review/update

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: GSoC spanners review/update
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 11:21:03 +0100

Nathan Chou wrote Tuesday, July 19, 2016 10:26 AM

> I have (except for one question below) finished adapting
> Dynamic_engraver and Dynamic_align_engraver to work cross-voice. I
> plan to continue with other spanners (perhaps slurs next), but I want
> to make sure I am on the right track. I organized my current progress
> in the gsoc-2016-spanners branch on my GitHub fork (
> https://github.com/starrynte/lilypond/compare/master...gsoc-2016-spanners
> ); any feedback would be welcome.

Congratulations and thanks for all the work you've done so far!

> Should I create an issue and upload
> what I currently have (working cross-voice support for dynamics) to
> Rietveld for code review? Or should I leave that for the end when the
> project is completed?

Create an issue and upload what you have done so far as soon as it is
operational.  That way it will receive a review and, once installed in
a development release, attract user comments which will help you in
your further work.

Trevor