Re: Gub failure

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Gub failure
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 11:41:07 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Werner LEMBERG" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2016 5:21 AM

I should have made it clear that I asked because my build is
failing.  I’ve got makeinfo version 4.13.

That's because Werner pushed changes requiring newer Texinfo syntax.
Werner, can you fix this until systems like Gub and LilyDev 3 can
support it?  It is not realistic to expect people getting this to work
within days on all platforms interested in using LilyPond.

Done (in staging).  Please write to the list as soon as gub and
lilydev are updated so that I can activate it again!

   Werner

Gub is now updated and uploading. I would suggest that it is not necessary to wait for LilyDev to be updated, since I would certainly not download the whole image just to get an updated version of texinfo. Could we not just add the instructions in a note to devel and an update to the CG?

Don't get me wrong - I think an update to LilyDev is a very good idea. I just don't think it will help most current developers.

--
Phil Holmes