Re: Doc: CG update Indenting with vim section (issue 302340043 by addres

From: mark . opus11
Subject: Re: Doc: CG update Indenting with vim section (issue 302340043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 06:44:53 -0700

On 2016/08/06 13:26:43, Carl wrote:
Thanks for doing this -- it helps me understand better how things
work, and
gives an example of a more robust set of vim settings.

https://codereview.appspot.com/302340043/diff/1/Documentation/contributor/programming-work.itexi
File Documentation/contributor/programming-work.itexi (left):

https://codereview.appspot.com/302340043/diff/1/Documentation/contributor/programming-work.itexi#oldcode394
Documentation/contributor/programming-work.itexi:394: autocmd
BufWritePre *
:%s/\s\+$//e
I think we should leave the removal of trailing whitespace in our
recommended
.vimrc

This eliminates the problem of whitespace errors (which git will track
and
complain about).

I agree that it doesn't belong in the indenting section, but I think
it should
still be part of our recommendations for using vim.

Yes, good idea, I'll add the trailing whitespace fix back in. There's
not
really a better place for this stuff at the moment, unless we want to
make
a dedicated VIM section.

https://codereview.appspot.com/302340043/