Re: Web: home page: add examples/images, reduce news to headlines (issue

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: Web: home page: add examples/images, reduce news to headlines (issue 306350043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 10:14:11 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 9:40 AM, Paul Morris [via Lilypond] <
address@hidden> wrote:

> On 08/30/2016 06:05 PM, [hidden email]
> <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=194102&i=0> wrote:
>
> > I'm not comfortable with the really long, scrolling, home page.
>
> Ok, given these concerns that Carl and David raised, let me think some
> more and see what I can come up with.
>
> Maybe just a single example, followed by a list of the other kinds of
> examples, to show the range of what LilyPond can do, with a link to the
> full example page.  (This is another place where @anchor would come in
> handy -- we could link the list items directly to the examples,
> "Tablature" to the tablature example etc.)
>
> Later, if we wanted, we could turn that single example into a CSS slider
> / slide show type thing where the user could click through some of the
> examples in-place on the home page, as Federico suggests.

I'll just toss this in (again) as a graphic mockup I think supports this
idea. See attached. Ideally, I would think it helpful to have a list of
genres near the top of the examples that, when clicked, would make just the
one image show up at a time without making the page refresh. It's just a
starting point for ideas.

Best,
Abraham

lilypond-website-mockup.png (391K)