Re: Web: home page: add examples/images, reduce news to headlines (issue

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Web: home page: add examples/images, reduce news to headlines (issue 306350043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 16:17:43 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul" <address@hidden> To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 3:11 PM

On 09/13/2016 09:52 AM, Phil Holmes wrote:

At this point it would probably be simplest to just inline the lilypond code for this example on the home page, like it is done in the essay. (Probably putting it in an include file to avoid duplication.) We wouldn't get "click to enlarge" that way (which was the point of using the examples mechanisms) but maybe that's not needed on the home page and/or could be a future enhancement.

I don't think you can do that. The reason for all the odd stuff with the image files is that the server we host lilypond on does not use lilypond to make the website - so all images must be pre-created to allow the website itself to be remade. Note that much of the website it really made using make doc during a Gub run, but some of it (the homepage and the \web stuff) is made with make website and requires no upload. The server has cron jobs that pull git and run make website.

Ah, ok... hmm... so it sounds like we would need to do this home page example like the other website images then. (Assuming we're not using the examples scripts because of the -dpreview issue.)

-Paul

Agreed. I think that what is necessary is to generate the pictures locally, put them in Documentation/pictures and also probably push them to gperciva/lilypond-extra - they would then work in the same way as the pictures in http://lilypond.org/website/windows.html, for example.

--
Phil Holmes