Re: [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #4975 [Windows] Gracenotes

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #4975 [Windows] Gracenotes cause staff to protrude into the margin
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 15:27:55 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 9:49 AM

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

Those two commits create an assertion that causes assertions from
19.21 onwards, and then change the assertion to an error message from
(on my system, where I don't have 19.22) 19.23 onwards.  But neither
explains why, on Windows, grace notes actually cause the length of the
system to be wrong. This occurred between 19.18 and 19.19, so if the
commit I pointed to is not the guilty party, it must be another one
between those two releases.  And I would think it's likely a change to
simple-spacer.cc?

If it is a Windows-only issue, it might be worth looking at what
happened in Gub at that time.

19.18 was April 5, 2015, and 19.19 was April 26. The following were committed in gub between those dates:

https://github.com/gperciva/gub/pull/10
https://github.com/gperciva/gub/pull/13 (can't imagine it's this one)
https://github.com/gperciva/gub/pull/15

--