Re: change title of doc-tagged lsr-snippet 586

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: change title of doc-tagged lsr-snippet 586
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 10:16:02 +0100

Thomas Morley wrote Sunday, October 09, 2016 11:20 PM

>> Thomas Morley wrote Sunday, October 09, 2016 8:46 PM
>>
>>> in /Documentation/snippets we have markup-lines.ly coming from LSR.
>>> http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=586
>>>
>>> Although the code correctly uses \markuplist the description says:
>>> "Text that can spread over pages is entered with the
>>> <code>\markuplines</code> command."
>>>
>>> I'd like to change the description and the somehow misleading title.
>>>
>>> Any problem with our docs while changing the title in lsr?
>>
>> Only if the snippet is referenced by name, which appears not to be the
>> case for this snippet.  Running auxiliar/makelsr.py should be sufficient.
>> However, the same title appears in the texidoc string in a couple of
>> regression tests, so you might want to look at these too.
>
> Are you sure?

Well, not absolutely, since I've never actually tried it, but I'm fairly
confident.

> I've found Documentation/snippets/table-of-contents.ly worth fixing,

No - that's updated automatically when you run makelsr.py

> but nothing in the reg-tests.

I was thinking of

  input/regression/markup-lines.ly
  input/regression/markup-lines-identifier.ly

which use similar words.  If you thought these words "misleading" maybe
they should be changed too.

Trevor