Re: guile-2.0 and debian

From: Antonio Ospite
Subject: Re: guile-2.0 and debian
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2016 22:35:41 +0100

On Tue, 22 Nov 2016 10:25:39 +0100
Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:

[...]
> Have a look at input/regression/markup-special-characters.ly
> Compiling it as standalone is fine even with -dbackend=eps, but it
> comes out wrongly in the regtests for both pdf and html.

This could have happened because the whole build process overrides
LANG, so in the standalone compilation the output looks OK but when
lilypond is run by "make" it ignores the locale from the environment,
and so wide characters get substituted.

Instead of patching the python script I took a more drastic approach
for now:

https://ao2.it/tmp/lilypond-guile2/patches_2016-11-22/0014-XXX-don-t-override-LANG-globally-in-the-build-proces.patch

The full patch-set is here:
https://ao2.it/tmp/lilypond-guile2/patches_2016-11-22

The patches are to be applied on top of release/2.19.51-1.

I am not sure that patch 0015 is strictly needed, my working dir might
have been in a dirty state when I come up with it to fix a build
failure. I'll try without it on my next full rebuild.

Anyway, with all the patches applied "make doc-stage-1" and "make doc"
seem to work, and the output seems acceptable too: I can see unicode
characters in the html output (out-www/offline-root/index.html).

I'll take a look at "make test" soon.

Ciao,
   Antonio

--