Re: guile-2.0 and debian

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: guile-2.0 and debian
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2016 00:09:42 +0100

> Il giorno mer 23 nov 2016 alle 15:10, Antonio Ospite <address@hidden> ha
> scritto:
>>
>> Ah I didn't know about lilydev (https://github.com/fedelibre/LilyDev).
>>
>> Updating it to Debian testing aka Stretch (the _next_ Debian stable
>> release) will expose people to guile-2.0.13.
>>
>> Federico, AFAICT the current 4.1 works fine for guile-1.8 (FTR Debian
>> stable has both 1.8.8 and 2.0.11, but lilydev only provides the former),
>> maybe if you release a version based on Stretch use 5.0 as version
>> number to make it easier to differentiate between the two.
>

> I prefer waiting for the release of Stretch, then I'll use 5.0 as version
> number, as you suggest.
> Until then I'd rather use pinning for this package.
>

>> BTW for those who don't want to run a full virtual machine, a
>> lightweight lilydev container can be created and launched with the
>> attached script.
>

> Nice, thanks

Currently it seems I'm the only one being able to test Antonio's patches.

This is not exactly optimal.

I 'm always running short of time, so I _only_ test, meaning I've not
the time to think about "what's done", "why", "what are the
consequences", etc. Sometimes I test even without having a look _what_
I'm testing :(
I hope I can give him some feedback, but more people participating is
surely preferable.

Having a LilyDev with guile 2.0.12/13 may help.

So, I pretty much desire a guile2.10.12/13-LilyDev

Antonios container-script may help as well, but I think more people
are familiar with our LilyDev already.

Cheers,
  Harm