Re: unfoldRepeats can be restricted to certain repeat-types (issue 31889

From: thomasmorley65
Subject: Re: unfoldRepeats can be restricted to certain repeat-types (issue 318890043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2016 03:42:13 -0800

On 2016/12/03 11:33:15, dak wrote:
David Kastrup <mailto:address@hidden> writes:

> As a user interface, that sounds very much desirable.  I don't like
> converting symbols to strings, putting stuff on them, and converting
> them back again.
>
> But it's probably the lesser evil.

Actually, use an alist or a hash internally for mapping

Much better

tremolo,volta,whatever to a music type even though it looks like
string
manipulation might do the trick.

That way you can also get #f and put out an error instead of creating
an
illegal music type.

And the result is again reasonably efficient.

Efficiency is one of my concerns as well.

For now I'll change the issue to needs_work (I've found another
oversight ...) so James doesn't need to test.

https://codereview.appspot.com/318890043/