Re: bypassing the patch countdown

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: bypassing the patch countdown
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2016 23:39:46 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2016 10:34 PM
Subject: bypassing the patch countdown

Is this still an accepted practice?  If not, I suggest that it
should be.  If I had to formalize it, I'd say something like "if
two developers with push ability agree that a fix is trivial and
obvious, it can go straight to staging".

Adding to the other responses - I often do this with updates to the CG, for example. Since I'm possibly the only one who reads the release checklist, it makes no sense to require a countdown to changes there. I make a change, do a test make and make doc and if it's OK, push to staging.

--
Phil Holmes