Re: music function to be included somewhere in scm/*

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: music function to be included somewhere in scm/*
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 22:08:05 +0100

Am 16.12.2016 um 17:38 schrieb Alexander Kobel:
> [2] Side Note: other proposed names for minimum-length so far:
>
> (1) minimum-space
> (2) show-length
> (3) hide-below-length
> (4) hide-if-shorter-than
> (5) minimum-visibility
> (6) visibility-threshold
> (7) printing-threshold
> (8) extender-threshold

At a first glance, the property is still the same, just the behaviour
for shorter extenders changed:

before: shorter extenders are prolonged
after:  shorter extenders are not visible

But at a second glance, the minimum-length for LilyPond grobs usually
means that the object is visible and the length is at least
minimum-length (for glissandi, etc.). Using it to hide a shorter object
feels inconsistent, IMHO. So I agree with Werner. But I have no
favourite naming, all of them sound wrong to me - a slight preference
for (6).

Cheers,
Joram