Re: trouble uploading a patch

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: trouble uploading a patch
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2017 09:24:33 +0100

David Nalesnik <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sat, Feb 4, 2017 at 7:02 PM, David Nalesnik <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Yes, I've run it a number of times.
>>
>> All I can think is that somewhere during the upload process I lose my
>> authenticated connection with www.google.com.
>>
>> Hmmm.  I've rebased everything to a single commit, and that's what
>> I'm uploading.

Don't do that.  Always keep your work in recognizable pieces (sometimes
it takes a bit of work to turn "historic" pieces into "logic" pieces,
but git rebase -i helps with that, as do git checkout -p and similar).

>> Maybe I should break it down into several commits?

I don't think git-cl works with more than the diffs anyway.  We really
need some actually git-aware tool at one point of time.

> Nope.  Broke it up into 4 commits.  Same result.
>
> Always the same two files lead to "error: old chunk mismatch"--so the
> base files aren't getting uploaded.

Really have no idea about that.