Re: NR: Document \remove "Keep_alive_together_engraver" (issue 318580043

From: git
Subject: Re: NR: Document \remove "Keep_alive_together_engraver" (issue 318580043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 23:27:27 -0800

On 2017/02/17 07:24:42, dak wrote:

https://codereview.appspot.com/318580043/diff/1/Documentation/notation/staff.itely
File Documentation/notation/staff.itely (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/318580043/diff/1/Documentation/notation/staff.itely#newcode793
Documentation/notation/staff.itely:793: removed from the
@code{PianoStaff}
context to allow individual staves to
Sorry, but that makes no sense.  Use GrandStaff instead of PianoStaff
if you
don't want a PianoStaff.

Documentation should not focus about how to use the wrong tool for the
job.  If
you want to document it, do it the other way round: explain how you
can keep the
staves of a GrandStaff together and then mention that this behavior is
desired
so often for piano that PianoStaff is already separately available.

I don't see how PianoStaff is the wrong tool to notate piano music.

But I will see to rewriting it the other way round.

https://codereview.appspot.com/318580043/