Re: Web: nest GSOC project ideas under subsection/h3 (issue 314530043 by

From: Paul
Subject: Re: Web: nest GSOC project ideas under subsection/h3 (issue 314530043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 22:18:01 -0500

On 02/22/2017 02:32 PM, Urs Liska wrote:

Am 22.02.2017 um 20:04 schrieb address@hidden:
Sorry, I disagree.  I think the boxes make it easier to skim the page;
there horizontal gap makes it absolutely clear that each proposal is
distinct.

Myself, I don't find the skimmability or distinctness to be all that different.

I think the point in Paul's suggestion is to make a clear separation
between the project ideas and the last box with general information.

Yep.

Also I'd like to move what used to be the contents of the 'old news' to the attic page so that the news page doesn't have to load all of the news. (What with it being just one click from the home page. That's a task left over from working on the home page last fall.)

So on the attic page as well it would be nice to be able to clearly group the GSOC entries somehow (and maybe the news entries too for that matter?).

But I did forgot to check other uses of <h4> / @subsubheading on the site. I just searched the source code to see which pages have <h4> / @subsubheading, but the texinfo files contain more than one webpage each so that didn't really help.

With HTML it would be easy to create a separate style to use for these kinds of subheadings (<h4 class="whatever">). But I don't think there's currently a way to assign a class to a @subsubheading.

Anyway, in general it would be nice to have a way to do nested headings/sections for cases like this. I'm out of fresh ideas for how to do this, other than the way I did it.

Cheers,
-Paul