Re: installing lilydev on OSX

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: installing lilydev on OSX
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 11:22:14 +0100

Il giorno sab 25 feb 2017 alle 1:52, Flaming Hakama by Elaine <address@hidden> ha scritto:
I was tring to set up lilydev within virtualbox on OSX and had some
trouble.
Please let me know if you have any clues as to how I should proceed.

I was able to get virtualbox installed.

However, when loading the lilydev vm, there were two concerning things.

The first was right after choosing install, the following mount errors
appeared (briefly, I had to screen capture it).

mount: mounting /dev/sda on /media failed: Invalid argument
umount: can't umount /media: Invalid argument
mount: mounting /dev/sda on /media failed: Invalid argument

Probably not important

The second issue was during the install, the debian package manager
failed. I tried several different mirror options, but they all produced
the same error:

[!!] Configure the package manager

Bad archive mirror

An error has been detected while trying to use the specified Debian archive
mirror.

Possible reasons for the error are: incorrect mirror specified; mirror is not available (possibly due to an unreliable network connection); mirror is broken (for example because an invalid Release file was found); mirror
does not support the correct Debian version.

Additional details may be available in /var/log/syslog on virtual console 4.

Please check the specified mirror or try a different one.

This is a know problem.
Graham had the same problem but he said it was a temporary network error. I reproduced the same error 100% of times while testing (twice) LilyDev 5.1.

Now I've found out that httpredir.debian.org has been replaced by another URL:
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianGeoMirror

You can fix the problem by manually adding the correct repositories after installation.

sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list

and paste these lines:

deb https://deb.debian.org/debian stretch main
deb https://deb.debian.org/debian-security stretch/updates main

This will be fixed in the next version of LilyDev.

Since git-cl seemed to be only for making changes, I figured I'd go ahead
and try to build lilypond based on
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/compiling-with-lilydev

So, I tried the following:

cd $LILYPOND_GIT
sh autogen.sh --noconfigure
mkdir -p build/
cd build/
../configure

And got these errors from the configure:

checking FlexLexer.h location... conftest.cc:2:23: fatal error:
FlexLexer.h: No such file or directory
 #include <FlexLexer.h>
                       ^
compilation terminated.
ERROR: Please install required programs:  FlexLexer.h (flex package)
guile-config < 1.9.0 (installed: 2.0.13) (guile-devel, guile-dev or
libguile-dev package) libguile (libguile-dev, guile-devel or guile-dev
package). GUILE-with-rational-bugfix

So, do you think this error is based on the package manager issue?
Or is this expected behavior?

Please let me know if you have any suggestions for how I should proceed to
get my lilybin installed and working.

As Thomas said, LilyDev 5 was built to support the migration to Guile 2.0. I should have added a warning on the release announcement on github. I will do it.