Re: Web: Move older news to the attic page (issue 318630043 by address@h

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Web: Move older news to the attic page (issue 318630043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2017 08:53:34 +0100

Il giorno dom 5 mar 2017 alle 1:25, address@hidden ha scritto:
On 2017/03/04 20:52:49, pkx166h wrote:

I'll have a go at fixing this now.

Thanks, I haven't had a chance to work on this yet. Sorry I didn't try
a 'make doc' before uploading for review.  Since 'make website'
succeeded I thought it was good to go... but that's not the case.

This is strange, since the problem is in the website manual. Perhaps you built only the english website?

One simple solution would be: Instead of renaming those two files (which
breaks the translations), effectively create copies of them and rename
the copies. Then later after the translations have been updated to use
the new files, delete the old copies with the old names.  (Of course
building on patch set 1, one would copy the new versions and give them
the old names...)

This is the easier solution, but what about the translations that are not maintained? These won't be updated by anybody.. and you can't keep (and update?) two copies of the same files just because of these abandoned translations.

I think that the best solution is updating the included link in all the translations which did not translate news.itexi or new-front.itexi:

$ find Documentation/ -name news.itexi
Documentation/es/web/news.itexi
Documentation/web/news.itexi

$ find Documentation/ -name news-front.itexi
Documentation/ca/web/news-front.itexi
Documentation/es/web/news-front.itexi
Documentation/web/news-front.itexi
Documentation/zh/web/news-front.itexi

So the commands to change the links could be:

$ git grep -l "@include web/news.itexi" | xargs sed -i "s|@include web/news.itexi|@include web/news-old.itexi|g"
$ git checkout Documentation/es/web/community.itexi

$ git grep -l "@include web/news-front.itexi" | xargs sed -i "s|@include web/news-front.itexi|@include web/news-new.itexi|g" $ git checkout Documentation/ca/web/community.itexi Documentation/es/web/community.itexi Documentation/zh/web/community.itexi