Re: GSoC 2017

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: GSoC 2017
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 15:16:50 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 2:34 PM, Noeck [via Lilypond] <
address@hidden> wrote:

> 1. Nathan was coding this, I just included this into oll and wrote the
> post.

Correct.

> 2. I guess it still works.

Yep. Mostly without problems, but it does have its limitations.

> 3. IIUC, this was just a set of overrides and callback functions picking
> up the correct symbols from a smufl font, doing the mapping by glyph
> name. So pretty much all you could do without touching lilypond directly.
> I guess for the GSoC the approach would be quite different and I hope
> Abraham can point into the right direction.

Personally, I think there's not much more that can be done with what is
already in OLL, but I don't think that's what we want done anyway. Full
SMuFL integration would be a more substantial improvement, IMHO.

Best,
Abraham