Re: Can't post via gmane, and trouble subscribing

From: Jeffery Shivers
Subject: Re: Can't post via gmane, and trouble subscribing
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 13:28:03 -0400

Hi James,

On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 6:07 AM, James <address@hidden> wrote:
> Well as far as I am aware gmane is still under going 'new ownership'
> and looking at the http://home.gmane.org/ blog from the new owners,
> there hasn't been anything significant announced/updated for a few
> months, so it is possible that this is all still work-in-progress with
> regard to gmane.
>
> There has been some discussion about removing the gmane references from
> our website but because it is/was still all in flux I think some of us
> were hoping it would come back soon so that we didn't need to remove
> and then have to add back the gmane links.

Okay, thanks for the clarification. I must admit, I'm not totally sure
how the whole gmane/mailing list framework(s) work since I personally
just subscribed originally and from then on have used the gmail web
interface for all interactions/posting. (I did read gmane.org/about
after writing that, so it's a little less fuzzy now..)

>> Possibly related:
>> A student at my uni has tried to subscribe to the lilypond-devel list
>> but hasn't gotten a confirmation request. Just an email that one is on
>> the way:
>>   [...]
>
> I am sure he / she will get something soon, but has that student tried
> to actually log in since without waiting for the confirmation?

Can you point me to where he can do that? The only link I've found is
the one that doesn't work. He has tried to post to lilypond-devel from
his subscribed email address with no success, but I am unsure
how/where to otherwise log in to gmane.

Thanks for the help so far,
Jeffery

--