Re: Paper rotated in 2.19.60

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Paper rotated in 2.19.60
Date: Thu, 11 May 2017 09:51:28 +0200

Am 11.05.2017 um 09:44 schrieb Andrew Bernard:
> Sorry, I am none the wiser. Perhaps I have not received the email
> explaining the change that occurred? My error, if it is such, has been
> working since I ever first started off, and now does not.
>
> Without wanting to offend, would you mind kindly repeating the answer as to
> what has changed?

I would say: up to 2.19.60 fixed a wrong behaviour.
As stated in the manuals for 2.19.54 (which I happen to have locally):

  * the 'landscape symbol added to the set-paper-size
    results in rotating the output on the (unchanged) paper
    => This didn't happen and Lilypond - wrongly - rotated the paper instead
  * adding "landscape" *in* the paper size string
    results in rotating paper size

The first of these was broken until 2.19.59 and was fixed in 2.19.60.
Unfortunately Frescobaldi used the wrong format so many people got used
to it.

Today I've fixed that in Frescobaldi, so the next release (and current
master) will have it correct.

Hope this makes it clearer

Urs