Re: Definition of make-music

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Definition of make-music
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 20:56:32 +0000

On 5/30/17 12:49 PM, "David Kastrup" <address@hidden> wrote:

>Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> writes:
>

>> I found this file by using git grep.  By the name, I knew it couldn't be
>> C++ code, because C++ functions can't have a - character in them.
>
>ly:grob-property is defined in lily/grob-scheme.cc so I am not sure what
>you are thinking about here.

As far as I know, every scheme function that is defined in C++ code has a
name starting with ly:.  And the C++ names have underscores to replace the
colon and the hyphen. The name containing the colon and the hyphen are a
string in the C++ code.

My rule for searching may not be 100% correct, but it generally works for
me.  If it were to fail, I would expand my search.  But I can't recall
having had it fail for me in the past.

Carl