Re: [partcombine] honouring Voice context name

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: [partcombine] honouring Voice context name
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2017 15:30:25 -0400

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the quick response.

> I guess what you are saying is that if the parts to be combined are each
> context-specced-music, use those contexts.

Exactly.

> If they are not, use the default contexts.

In that case, wouldn't parameterized (rather than internally hardcoded) names
help avoid problems like spanners breaking, lyrics being disconnected from
their associatedVoice, and so forth?

A hardcoded internally-assigned name (e.g. "one") should be the last resort
reserved for labelling expressions/contexts that didn't already have a name.

> It seems to me that could be a worthwhile approach.

Excellent. I'll look into what's required and report back.

Thanks,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info