Re: Releasing 2.20

From: Hans Aikema
Subject: Re: Releasing 2.20
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2017 00:27:52 +0200

David,

Make sure that your main focus will be getting back into good shape.

If schedule and energy levels allow for starting of a 2.20 branch I think it
would be good to update ghostscript to a version that has the PNG-transparency
glitches fixed that surfaced in 2.19.51.
Ghostscript has made a release with the fix for the issue that was created by
Masamichi Hosoda as a result of the discovery of the PNG-transparency bug in
the 2.19.51 Lilypond build)

I guess not picking the ghostscript update from the 2.19 branch would be
senseless, but keeping the current status of the 2.19 branch would not fit a
stable release IMO

Hans Aikema, direct vanuit de iCloud