Re: [Issue #3947] fixing \huge et al.

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: [Issue #3947] fixing \huge et al.
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 11:11:18 -0400

Hi,

Another ten days has passed…

I guess I don't understand how the Lilypond development process works. I keep
hearing we need people to jump in and learn how to develop/improve Lilypond. I
took the initiative, found an issue I thought I could tackle, and offered a
solution that appears to work with no unintended side-effects. I've now asked
twice whether I should move towards a submittable patch, but have received no
response in several weeks.

I will almost certainly require some hand-holding through the git process (n.b.
I've already got LilyDev set up and running on my machine), which is one of the
reasons I chose such a small bug as my first project. I guess I'll just push
forward and try to get a patch submitted on my own, and come back to the list
with any obstacles I hit during the git-ting process.

I realize everybody's doing all of this essentially in their spare time… but
perhaps there's a way that people like me — who are trying to get themselves up
to speed so that they can contribute more on the development side — could be
guided/mentored a little more? Otherwise it's a little discouraging, and thus
probably not the *best* plan towards increasing the developer pool.

Thanks,
Kieren.

> Hello,
>
> Just checking on this, since a week has passed since I asked…
> Should I start moving towards a submittable patch?
>
> Thanks,
> Kieren.
>
>> Hi David,
>>
>>> Maybe check the effects that super- and subscripts cause on a block of text?
>>
>> Good thought. Doesn't seem to have a negative effect.
>>
>> Other thoughts?
>> Or should I start moving towards a submittable patch?

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info
‣ email: address@hidden