Re: Some questions related to score video generation

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: Some questions related to score video generation
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2017 08:45:17 -0700 (MST)

Urs Liska wrote
> Do you think your approach would be helpful for doing something like this
> "live" in the browser, with an SVG score and a MIDI file?

Or, even in a PDF? The ISO spec (PDF 32000-1:2008) allows for embedded audio
and JavaScript. (It is debatable whether having those in PDF is a good idea,
but that's a whole 'nother topic.) I've dreamed of getting LilyPond to make
"self-playing sheet music PDF files" ever since seeing the MusicNotes
software in pre-LilyPond days, and also MuseScore's "moving blue bar"
playback. I found out the MusicNotes software is a player only, and the
sheet music files are only made by the software maker. But what I see going
on here with the video pretty much realizes that dream. Great work!