Re: Any objections to branching off a stable branch for 2.20?

From: Jean-Charles Malahieude
Subject: Re: Any objections to branching off a stable branch for 2.20?
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 21:11:19 +0200

Le 19/07/2017 à 14:48, David Kastrup a écrit :
Federico Bruni writes:

Il giorno lun 17 lug 2017 alle 19:14, David Kastrup ha scritto:

Other things up for cherry-picking are documentation changes and
their translations. Since translations usually are done in "bulk",
it would make sense to only translate stuff in the stable 2.20
branch in the interregnum: that way the translation branch can be
merged (rather than individual parts cherry-picked) into the stable
branch until the stable branch gets released.

So when you create the stable/2.20 branch, Jean-Charles or Paco will
merge that branch (instead of master) into the translation branch; and
translators will keep working on the translation branch as usual.

Is it correct?

Yes, I think this is what should make sense.  I'll do so today.

I've included Walter's patch into translation and now stable/2.20 and translation are similar.

So, until next 2.21 is out, the translators' Mary-go-round is just between the stable/2.20 and translation branch.

Cheers,
Jean-Charles