Re: Issue 4678: Fix spaces in metronome mark (issue 323420043 by address

From: beauleetienne0
Subject: Re: Issue 4678: Fix spaces in metronome mark (issue 323420043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 20:50:30 -0700

We are not losing spaces, the standard is to ignore trailing whitespace,
such as line-breaks and (breaking) spaces at the beginning of tabs. We
are still using normal spaces where appropriate (such as the second
space on line 78). Our translation from markup to SVG does have issues
(see issues 5174 and 5011 as examples), but our translation does not
lose spaces; it actually adds unnecessary but unproblematic whitespace,
like the newline at the beginning of each <tspan tag. This is not a
bottomless barrel.

I see that you are interested in another possible solution, outlined in
issue 1434. I've just made a patch to that effect:
http://codereview.appspot.com/321460043. And so, I'll close this issue.

https://codereview.appspot.com/323420043/