Re: LilyPond in Debian

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: LilyPond in Debian
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 12:58:39 +0200

Il giorno lun 11 set 2017 alle 12:29, Urs Liska <address@hidden> ha scritto:

Once you've built the binary in the container, it's available also to
 the host without any further configuration (i.e. no need of shared
 folders).

OK, this seems like progress, although I'd much prefer having the build
environment on my actual regular OS.

But will a LilyPond build created on this LilyDev also run outside of
the VM? It seems to me I would also have to use the VM for *working*
with the self-compiled LilyPond?

Yes, you need to run the built binary within the container.
I've just tested it. I can print the lilypond version, but when I try to compile a minimal example I get an error.

$ lilypond-git/build/out/bin/lilypond lilypond-git/ly/Welcome_to_LilyPond.ly
GNU LilyPond 2.19.65
ERROR: In procedure primitive-load-path:
ERROR: Unable to find file "lily.scm" in load path