Re: issue 3208: MMRs for > 1 m. only count m. (issue 333340043 by addres

From: nine . fierce . ballads
Subject: Re: issue 3208: MMRs for > 1 m. only count m. (issue 333340043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2017 14:52:05 -0800

https://codereview.appspot.com/333340043/diff/50003/input/regression/multi-measure-rest-measure-length.ly
File input/regression/multi-measure-rest-measure-length.ly (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/333340043/diff/50003/input/regression/multi-measure-rest-measure-length.ly#newcode16
input/regression/multi-measure-rest-measure-length.ly:16: \override
MultiMeasureRest.usable-duration-logs = #'(2 1 0 -1 -2)
Seeing this override in a test raises the suspicion that it is a
prerequisite for correct output, leading to doubts that lilypond
performs as expected in the default case.  It's not my place to give
commands, but consider testing each case separately: one demonstrating
that lilypond works by default, and another demonstrating that it
handles overrides correctly.

Another thing I see is that calc_closest_duration_log() also uses the
property round-up-to-longer-rest.  If this were my change, I would try
to satisfy myself that there won't be any unwanted interactions with
that property, and possibly cover it in a regression test if it seems
easy for the next person to break.

https://codereview.appspot.com/333340043/