Re: Issue 5272: Add \depart <markup> (issue 337520043 by address@hidden)

From: Torsten Hämmerle
Subject: Re: Issue 5272: Add \depart <markup> (issue 337520043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 02:37:01 -0700 (MST)

Hello all,

Admittedly, something like "goto" or "jump" seemed obvious to me, too.

In more musical terms, however, we're talking about "repeated sections". As
opposed to repeat bars, there are textual instructions involved, and there
are, sort of, "marks" involved, too: capo, fine, segno, etc.

If there will probably even be a MIDI playback in the future, we actually
need "real" marks to jump to, not only text markups.
This being said, I'd favour *something containing "mark" and "repeat"*,
because that's what it's all about.

So why not using something like *\repeatMark*, *\markRepeat* or
*\markRepetition*, ...?
Seen that way, even \repeatMark "Fine" feels natural to me, because - like
an ordinary RehearsalMark, or a MetronomeMark, it's just a new kind of Mark,
which is, without any doubt, the case.

Just my 2 (Euro) cents,
Torsten

--