Re: Issue 5344: Avoid repeated calculation of accepted contexts (issue 3

From: nine . fierce . ballads
Subject: Re: Issue 5344: Avoid repeated calculation of accepted contexts (issue 346080043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 19:36:40 -0700

Reviewers: dak,

Message:
Thank you for your review.  I disagree with some of your conclusions.

https://codereview.appspot.com/346080043/diff/1/lily/acceptance-set.cc
File lily/acceptance-set.cc (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/346080043/diff/1/lily/acceptance-set.cc#newcode34
lily/acceptance-set.cc:34: if (!scm_is_null (default_))
On 2018/06/14 22:53:58, dak wrote:
Why do you prioritize the default child?

I don't think I can take credit for that, though maybe I can take blame
for misunderstanding Context_def::get_accepted in the old code.  Doesn't
it place the default child at the front of the list that
Context_def::internal_path_to_acceptable_context () considers?  That
would make the default child the preferred alternative when \context
searches for an instantiable child.  At least, that is how I read it.

https://codereview.appspot.com/346080043/diff/1/lily/acceptance-set.cc#newcode50
lily/acceptance-set.cc:50: accepted_ = scm_cons(item, scm_delete_x
(item, accepted_));