Re: GUB

From: James Lowe
Subject: Re: GUB
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 10:51:14 +0100 (BST)

Hello

On Mon, 9 Jul 2018 20:56:03 +0200, Knut Petersen <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Phil!
>
> > Ubuntu 14 for both.
>
> Thanks. With a few patches to correct broken download links that worked.
> After cleaning up I'll send those patches to you.
>
> Knut

Just to add something related, while Phil uses 14.0 for GUB I am still using
16.04 LTS (Xenial) for patch testing. With 18.x Guile 1.8 is no longer part of
the distribution so I get Guile 2.whatever-it-is and this breaks patch testing
(as we know). The CG which lists all the other distributions that you can test
patches on was added by myself but I know most of them are probably EOL (or
about there) and I don;t know what the Guile state of those other distributions
are.

I saw something that Federico did on the dev list about compiling Guile 1.8 for
one of his (I think) LilyDev Images and then set the PATH accordingly, but I
haven't had the time to sit down and try this with the latest Linux Distro's
out there.

So for now all of my patch testing and branch merging are done on an Ubuntu
16.0.4 LTS machine (or machines depending if I am testing from Home).

James