Re: Selectively suppress -Wcast-function-type (issue 357770043 by addres

From: nine . fierce . ballads
Subject: Re: Selectively suppress -Wcast-function-type (issue 357770043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 14:51:46 -0700

On 2018/08/15 16:43:27, dak wrote:
This is more a sort of logic nitpick than of actual relevance given
how GCC is
wired, but if we want to be using -Wno-cast-function-type , that's
what we
should announce and check for rather than -Wcast-function-type .

I couldn't figure out any other way to check for -Wno-cast-function-type
reliably.  Attempts involving -Werror were defeated by the fact that
some preprocessor variable is redefined somewhere, leading to an error
in all cases.  After spending much time to figure that much out, I was
not interested in spending more to figure out how to resolve it (if that
is even possible).

I could reword the message, something like "whether the compiler might
warn about casting functions to incompatible types."  Would that be
better?

https://codereview.appspot.com/357770043/